Looking for a way to tone up faster? You’ll be happy to know that this doesn’t mean that you have to workout more. At least, not if you are smart about it.
We’re not denying the power of consistency – far from it. Merely saying that when looking to see quick, fitness results, the following tweaks to your routine will ensure that you will be flaunting your new, toned physique in no time flat.
You are what you eat
Let’s say that your rigorous workout regimen burns 500 calories in each session. Impressive, isn’t it? But, remember that greasy hamburger you had for lunch? Guaranteed it negates the work that you did.
To see faster fitness results, it’s important that you improve your diet. And, your first step is to keep track of everything that goes in your mouth. Doing so has two benefits:
- Provides a clear picture of everything that you eat
- Helps you stay accountable
Making sure you’re drinking enough water is a good idea too. It has been proven time and time again that being dehydrated impairs your performance.
Use yoga to get more out of your workout routine
Either as an addition to an existing cardio or weight training program or by itself, yoga is quite effective for those looking to see faster fitness results. We’re not saying that you have to become a yoga fanatic, but you should know that simply adding a couple of classes a week to your current routine can significantly impact your workout success. In addition to this, if you are to start your yoga journey, choose the proper yoga pants for making your classes more effective and successful.
Power up your workout
When plotting your workout, it’s important that you incorporate the right type of exercises in your routine. For instance compound exercises, like lunges, will give you more for your money. Other tidbits to consider when creating your workout routine include:
- Become familiar with a term called workout density. Essentially, it is the amount of work you do within a certain period of time. For instance, if you jog 1 mile in 15 minutes, you can increase your workout density by doing the same thing in 10 minutes.
- Warming up before you begin your workout will improve your performance. It helps prevent injuries as well- two activities that are directly correlated with getting safer and faster results.
- Using positive mantras and other forms of self-talk has been linked to less stress, improved mood, and increased motivation. And, that’s not all – when you tell yourself motivating things while exercising, it somehow makes you work out harder. In other words, you can actually talk yourself into your perfect body.
Recruit a workout partner
All workouts are better if you can do it with a friend. Not only does this give you an accountability partner, it adds an element of fun to your workout. Just make sure that your workout buddy is someone who you’ll spend more time gabbing with than actually exercising.
If you’re unsure of your ability to do so, enlist the help of professional. Getting expert help will help you take the guesswork out of your workout, create an accountability partner, help you remain consistent, and make sure you actually see results.
Target specific areas of your body
If you are looking to shape your body in a certain way, you may want to focus on specific muscle groups once or twice a week. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to switch your entire routine, just augment them a little.
For instance, let’s say that your goal is to get firmer abs. Simply add rotations (twisting your body) to strength moves like lunges. This works out your obliques, muscles that stabilize your torso and hold you upright. Anytime you do a rotation, your obliques begin working harder, ensuring increased fat loss and faster results.
In a perfect world, toning your body would happen instantaneously. Unfortunately, that’s not how the wonder that is the human body works. But if you work smarter (not harder) and use the above tips, you’re sure to reduce the time that it takes for you to see results. Good luck!